Summertime invites a plethora of socializing, sports and outdoor activities. Luckily we have more energy in the summer with the warmer, brighter and longer days. Don’t drain yourself with all the get up and go! Take time to pamper yourself so you feel energized and ready for the beautiful days of the season. Read on for ideas to treat yourself like the king or queen of the house you are.
Make your bedroom a relaxation haven. We often take care of every other room in the home and ignore our bedroom. Change that! Your bedroom shouldn’t be a catch-all, but a place of rest and rejuvenation. Clear the clutter and get rid of anything that doesn’t invite a clear mental attitude.
- Place a nightstand next to your bed and keep a book, journal or pen there. Take the time each night for some reading or gratitude reflection and journal writing.
- Add some extra throw pillows and soft blankets to snuggle in as you doze off to dreamland.
- Buy a stereo or music player for soft music when its time to relax.
- Shop for a new mattress if yours is old and not supporting you the way it should be.
Set up a bathroom spa. Create a basket or box for an on-the-go spa experience. Keep it neat and organized so you can reach for it anytime you need a quick pick me up! Include the following:
- A nail kit complete with cuticle softener, nail files, smoothers, hand moisturizer and nail polish
- A pedicure kit with sugar (to make a sugar scrub) and foot bath
- A shower kit with soaps, gels, loofah and scrubs
Give yourself the comfort and convenience of a reading nook. For ideas on organizing the area, read this post.
Nothing says summer like old fashioned ice cream! Get some sundae glasses, cherries, chocolate, sprinkles and an ice cream maker and spend time unwinding in your kitchen with the kids in the evening. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Create a family gathering space. Find a spot in your home and set up a lounging area for family and friends to unwind. Make the space television-free so it invites good old family interaction. The space can be anywhere room allows. Place movable pieces of furniture including chairs, ottomans, loveseats and storage benches in the area. Add throws and pillows for comfort.
Try some of these tips or run into one of the two Connell’s locations in Mt. Vernon or Newark today and talk to a sales associate about ways to turn your home into your own summertime sanctuary. You’ve got the home, family and ideas – we’ve got the goods to make it perfect for you for any occasion.