Get Ready For Labor Day!
Labor Day is almost upon us as we celebrate it on September 1 this year. It marks the final 3-day weekend before autumn. For some, Labor Day is a bittersweet holiday weekend since it informally indicates the end of summer. And for others, it’s a joyous holiday weekend that welcomes in all things autumn – cooler weather, the changing colors of leaves, fall foods, football, haunted houses, etc … Regardless if you’re sad to see summer coming to an end, or you welcome fall with open arms, Connell’s Furniture & Mattress has some terrific Labor Day inspired ideas to help you enjoy your 3-day weekend.
- Festivals, Food, Music, Parades and More! No matter what your interest is, there are plenty of activities going on in Central Ohio you and your family are sure to love. Pack up the family and head to a bluegrass festival in Newark during Bluegrass, Barbecue and Boom, or checkout the Sweet Corn Festival in Millersport or a parade in Pickerington. For more ideas visit the Columbus Dispatch.
- Go Camping. Make the most of summer’s final 3-day weekend with a camping adventure. Take fishing poles, a tent, hiking gear or whatever you prefer, and head to a lake or a scenic campsite and enjoy the weekend with family and friends!
- Picnic. Enjoy a family picnic at a park or even in the back yard. Pack some fun foods, and take a Frisbee or kite for a day of easy-going fun with the family.
- Relax! Labor Day is a day off work, so make the most of it by relaxing! Stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet with a good book, a lawn chair and your favorite beverage.
- Get ready for fall with the latest home furnishings. Connell’s in Mt. Vernon & Newark is ready to help you take home the latest fall fashions and colors for any room in your home! Bring fall colors indoors with accents, chairs, throws, pillows, bedding ensembles and more in fall’s best colors; reds, yellows, oranges and browns.
From all of us at Connell’s, we’re wishing you and your family a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!